On 06/12/2015 04:49 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 06/12/2015 04:37 PM, Mickey wrote:

I have a friends computer here that I have to upgrade from F18 to F22,
Is it better to do a netinstall upgrade or a Fresh install of F22 ?

Most people who don't reject upgrades completely say that you shouldn't
skip more than one version in upgrading.  In this case, you could go
from F18 to F20, then from F20 to F22.  Depending on how you have things
set up, and how many programs you have installed that aren't in the
default install, either way might be better.

I'd suggest a fresh install. There's a lot of stuff that changed very
significantly between F18 and F22. You would probably spend more time
sorting out problems for each upgrade step than just doing a fresh
install and restoring the users' home directories and such.

As Joe says, if you want to go the upgrade route, go incrementally
(F18->F19->F20->F21->F22). You might get by with F18->F20->F22, but
sometimes skipping the interim steps can cause issues, too. It's your
choice. Just make real, REAL sure you have a solid backup before you
do anything! I can almost guarantee you'll have a "Doh!" moment or two.