Thanks for the replies. And kind offers of condolences.

But I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear. If, in the normal edit window, I type the line 'for i=1, 10 do'<enter> I want it to automatically go to the next line with that line indented 3 spaces. ( or 2 or 4 or whatever the indentations is set to) and when I enter a line 'end'<enter> the 'end' is automatically unindented whatever the setting is.

I'm aware of using snippets and tabs within macros. It seems with Geany that is used to do this (Geany 1.18 or 1.19) But my memory is not so good these days and I may be wrong. But I'm sure that it used to work in Scite (but does not work now) which uses Scintilla same as Geany. I don't remember how I made it work in Scite or Geany. But both have gone through several upgrades since those days and my memory may be flawed about this.

If this isn't possible any more, I understand and thank-you for any offers of assistance.

Doug