On 12/09/2014 09:38, Matthew Brush wrote:
At least for my use, I actually want the files all open in Geany, then
maybe I'll do individual replace-in-file for each file or other edits on
each file that contains matches. Just modifying some unknown group of
potentially open or closed files en masse without any control or seeing
the results wouldn't be very useful for the mentioned use-case,
especially where the step #3 isn't a "replace-in-session" operation.

Me too, for the same reason. From a terminal I use:

grep blah -l |xargs geany -i &

but it would be much nicer to use Find in Files then e.g. right click the Messages pane and choose Open All.