Hi!

Here is my small sample file (indent unit is 4 spaces):

-- -- -- --
$ cat indent_width.cpp
// Indent width, detect from content: 8 (wrong). Delete any line. Indent width, detect from content: 4 (good).
namespace S {
    int z () {
        int i = 0;
        char c = 2;
        double d = 2.4;
        d *= c;
        return d + i;
    }
}
-- -- -- --

In Geany, the default indent at me is 4 spaces.

Open the indent_width.cpp in Geany, issue an "Indent Width / Detect from
Content" command.
The indent is now (erroneously) 8 spaces!

Now try deleting a line (for example the "double d = 2.4;").
Repeat the autodetection: "Indent Width / Detect from Content".
The indent is now (correctly) 4 spaces.

Geany's version is: 1.23.1 (current distributed (repository-ed) version).

--
Péter