The documentation for the Scintilla editing component Geany uses says
"Scintilla provides only limited experimental support on Windows for
right-to-left languages like Arabic and Hebrew. While text in these
languages may appear correct, interaction with this text may not work
correctly as occurs with other editors." so it is not surprising that
pasting may not work correctly.

Basically RTL is display only in Scintilla and so in Geany.