Hello,

I recently got a new mid-range ThinkPad, which I would love to use as a Genode "daily driver".

As you can imagine, one of the first things I did was to try to boot up a Sculpt USB stick. (I tried the 19.07 image, and built a fresh image straight from GitHub, both with the same result.)

The system boots into Leitzentrale, with the Manager window, log area, and even component graph all displaying. But then it freezes, not accepting keyboard or mouse input.

(It may be related to the USB controller, because 1) the USB stick drive either shows a size of 0 bytes or doesn't display at all, and 2) moving the mouse while Genode is starting seems to cause the system to freeze before Leitzentrale is displayed.)

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there a diagnostic tool I can run to give more useful info?

I will be happy to give more details on the hardware in the appropriate forum. Should I open a GitHub issue?

 Thanks!
--
  John J. Karcher
  devu...@alternateapproach.com