Two replies in one...

On 11/24/21 07:26, Johannes Schlatow wrote:
Hi John,

On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 20:10:23 -0500
"John J. Karcher" <devu...@alternateapproach.com> wrote:

It's related to that issue, but the crash has been fixed.  The
remaining problem is that the hardware generates a variety of
non-standard events, which confuse nitpicker (e.g., puts it into a
state where it no longer responds to mouse clicks).
[...]
Any ideas are welcome!

This reminds me of an issue [1] that I had with a certain keyboard. Are
you sure that the non-standard events you see are correct, i.e. do they
appear on Linux as well? In my case, the hardware was triggered to
generate some sort of an extra status report that got misinterpreted as
input events.

[1] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/4146

I haven't debugged it in depth, assuming that porting the missing files from the Linux code would solve the problem.

Your status report idea is a possibility. Looking at the #defines, most of the event codes look "normal" (e.g., pressure, tilt, extra buttons, etc.), but there are a couple of battery-related codes, for example. I do note that Nitpicker doesn't get confused until the screen is touched, though.