Hello Genodians

I'm working on enabling vfs plugins that use libc, specifically a ported library. The library accesses a hardware device through a file in vfs, so there is no using a minimal libc implementation as it's the libc's vfs access that creates the chicken and egg problem preventing vfs plugins with libc.

The best solution I could think of this far is a special vfs server component that uses two vfs, one the hosts the libc using plugins and another that provides the vfs libc needs.

I've created a small code sample to demonstrate:
https://github.com/throwException/genode/tree/libc_vfs

What do you think about this problem/solution?

--
Freundliche Grüsse

Stefan Thöni