On 2023-04-24 15:00, Norman Feske wrote:
- Sometimes after booting, the phone goes into a mode where everything is very sluggish (i.e. unusable), and the screen flickers. The screen looks like it is flipping between two framebuffers, for example, one with all sections closed and one with the Devices section open. The current mode is predominant, but the other one is faintly visible behind it.

I sporadically observed this weird flickering issue when booting my PinePhone w/o AC, using only the battery. Interestingly, the flickering disappears after a minute or so. Is this the same for you? When using AC + battery, I could not observe it so far. Since it happens quite sporadically, I have not yet found a good way to reproduce it, unfortunately, which makes the investigation quite hard.

megi wrote two posts just recently about the display and flipping frames that could be relevant https://xnux.eu/log/#080