Dear PinePhone users,

piggybacking on Christian's announcement, I've slightly updated my recent Genodians article with information about the Sculpt 23.04 version:

  http://genodians.org/nfeske/2023-02-01-mobile-sculpt

The official image as published by Genode Labs is almost identical my current development version. The few differences are captured by my (stable) 'sculpt_23_04_pinephone' branches:

  https://github.com/nfeske/genode/commits/sculpt_23_04_pinephone
  https://github.com/nfeske/genode-allwinner/commits/sculpt_23_04_pinephone

As you can see, they cover minor but nice UI improvements like adjusting the size of the system shell, slightly increasing the buttons to be more touch friendly, or increasing the package-download speed. The easiest way to enjoy these conveniences is by switching the software-update dialog to 'nfeske', installing the just-released version 2023-04-28, and reboot into my custom system image.

As another nicety, I'd like to share that the new version in principle supports the 2 GiB model of the PinePhone. However, the larger presets (morph and jitsi) will most probably cause trouble on the 2 GiB variant.

Hoping that you will like the new version,

Norman

--
Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske
Genode Labs