Fellow Genodians, regarding ticket 5150 : Consolidation of the driver manager
into the sculpt manager ( https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/5150 )

I'm in the process of integrating driver_manager into my h/o/g project, to give
it basic dynamic drivers ability (it previously hardcoded Vesa video etc).
After peeking at ticket 5150, I looked into sculpt_manager, wondering if I
could make a bigger "jump" and migrate directly to that component,
but that does not seem compatible with my goals (sculpt_manager embodies much
of the SculptOS "feel" and would conflict with my h/o/g goals).
So it seems like I'll need to preserve a copy of driver_manager before it is
deprecated/retired, make it an (ex)Genode component in the h/o/g repository.

Still, thought I'd better post my reasoning here in case someone finds fault
with it : from where I stand,
that seems to be the natural way to go, and it seems to have few dependancies
so I assume the (verbatim "forked")
driver_manager will keep working in future Genode releases. I'll just need to
mirror changes that occur in Genode
when a driver (intel_fb etc) is modified in terms of how it's ran, what
arguments are passed to it.

Cedric