Hi Rumen,

> > Does anyone know of any projects / plugins that support a logging file
> > system (e.g. ext3/4) in Genode?
>
> There is lwext4_fs in the genode-world repository. I never used it,
> therefore I can't tell you about state it is in.

There is indeed a port of the 'lwext4' [1] library for Genode and by now
a VFS plugin that utilizes the library. However, I recently moved it
from genode-world to my personal Genode “playground” [2].

[1] https://github.com/gkostka/lwext4
[2]
https://codeberg.org/jws/genode-wundertuete/src/branch/sculpt-24.04-2024-04-19

I use it on a daily basis (it is integrated in my personal Sculpt branch
[3]) and at least in my limited usage it works well enough. There are
known limitations in the library (some features of Ext4 that are enabled
by default by now are not supported so you have to prepare the FS in a
certain way and sparse files are not supported) and the plugin itself is
quite plain.

[3] https://github.com/cnuke/genode/commits/sculpt-24.04-2024-04-26/

So, since you aim for a “logging file system”, I assume your use-case
might require specific properties and given its current state, the
'vfs_lwext4' plugin probably does not fit the bill.

Regards
Josef

--
Josef Söntgen