Thanks for the repro, Jacques. We already have fix for this one so it will be in the next week’s release.

Martin

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of J. de Hooge
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:00 PM
To: users@lists.ironpython.com
Subject: [IronPython] Fallen over: from sys import *

Hi,

IP team, thanks for the new version!

I’ve just started trying out my code on it.

Seems that the following detail doesn’t work anymore in Beta 3, used to work upto Beta 2

from sys import *

The following is reported:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File C:\activ_dell\prog\qQuick\try\try.py, line 1, in Initialize

StandardError: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Following workaround will require some prefixing but does the job:

import sys

Kind regards

Jacques de Hooge

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S. I’ve uploaded some free IP stuff to www.qquick.org.

For people interested in using WinForms in combination with IP, especially the file view.py is worth looking at.