I just checked it myself to see what works and what doesn't. You're right that it doesn't work when putting '0x' in front of it. However, when I just do int('20', 16) it returns 32, which is correct.

It is a bit weird though, that int(hex(20), 16) returns an error and I think that should be fixed. The problem is I can't fix it ;). But I'm sure someone of the IronPython team will find some time to look into this bug (I think it can be classified as a bug, can't it?) and fix it. I think it is important that this will be fixed, because, as you said, there's a lot of code written by people in Python which uses this feature, who might migrate to IronPython.

Floris