I am very new to Python and IronPython, so  my apologies if this is a
very dumb question:

I have been trying to import the standard Python libraries and having
some issues (apparently with module dependancies), for example:

If my Site.py file is set up as follows:

import sys

sys.path.append(r"c:\Python24\Lib")

and I import the "os" module,

                import os

It appears to work correctly, but certain functions do not appear to
have the correct dependancies loaded (e.g. when using any of the "exec"
routines I receive the following message "NameError: name 'execv' not
defined" ).

Also, packages installed in the site-packages directory cannot be
directly loaded as they can via "normal" python. I am pretty sure I have
set something up incorrectly and if someone could point me in the right
direction I'd really appreciate it.

Joss Burnett

LiveDrive.Com