+1 on the MC++, this seems like an ideal use of it.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Curt Hagenlocher
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 11:38 AM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] Announcement: Project to get some CPython C
extensions running under IronPython

On 10/12/07, Giles Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

What is the best architecture?  We're thinking of this as being a bit of C#
managed code to interface with the C extension, and a thin Python wrapper on
top.  The module's existing C extension and Python code would "sandwich" this
layer.  Let us know if this is a silly idea :-)
My two cents would be this: using Managed C++, try for source compatibility
first.  It will almost certainly be less work than binary compatibility --
especially given your restricted test case -- and you're not likely to do much
coding that wouldn't be needed for binary compatibility anyway.

--
Curt Hagenlocher