My application is ASP.NET, I hardly think integrating CPython is going to be
a better choice.

I really hope I can be clear this time and not encourage suggestions to do
all kinds of other stuff that what I am asking about, so here it goes:

Is is possible to 'expose' c# methods that exist in the same scope as an IPY
engine, to that engine so that an arbitrary one of those methods might be
called by python code code that that engine executes?

Thanks,

Josh Pearce

On 10/18/07, JoeSox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 10/18/07, Joshua J. Pearce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ah, because I am trying to use Iron Python as a scripting language for
> my
> > application. I want to expose a limited subset of my appservice
> functions to
> > the scripting language,and let users write scripts.
>
> Personally, I would just use Python as the scripting for a number of
> reasons.
> 1) IronPython is a .Net library not a language
> 2) IronPython supports Python language modules (to a certain point)
> 3) Possibly provides compatibility to CPython and IronPython
>
> I believe this would be a better design for your application and be
> better in the long run, esp. as IronPython grows and changes rapidly.
> This is mainly why I designed pswrdgen and pswrdgeniron this way.
> However, just my two cents and not fully aware of your apps specific
> details.
> --
> Later, JoeSox

Joshua Pearce