Just thought I'd collect some opinions here.  Internally we discussed this
sometime ago but never made any decisions and haven't done much to push this
forward...  On CodePlex we have the ability to enable a discussion forum (which
would look like http://www.codeplex.com/CodePlex/Thread/List.aspx) where people
could post questions, discuss issues, etc...  CodePlex is heavily RSS-enabled
so you could also get RSS feeds to track the discussions in RSS form.  There've
been some requests on the main page (http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython) and at
least one person who didn't like the mailing list.

But obviously we don't want to get rid of the mailing list format - personally
it's the format I prefer (and find the least overhead for replying).  But I've
started to use RSS a lot recently so I can certainly see the appeal there, and
maybe others here do as well...  Overall my own personal worry is that we'll be
fragmenting the two discussions and actually hinder some discussion.

So, thoughts?  Should we:
    Very easy:
        just open the flood gates on the discussions and everyone can go where
they want - let the search engines sort it out!
    vs Requires some work:
        open up the RSS feed but setup some thread-propagation-bot?
        open up the RSS feed but send out regular digests?
    vs the unknown:
        something completely different?