From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael Foord
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:06 AM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] ironpython xna problem

Hello Gigs_,

That error definitely means that IronPython isn't finding the assemblies.

What happens if you copy the XNA assemblies into the same directory as
the IronPython interpreter and execute the following into the
interactive interpreter:

import clr

clr.AddReference('Microsoft.Xna.Framework')
clr.AddReference('Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game')

from Microsoft.Xna.Framework import *
from Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics import *
from Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content import *

Gigs_ wrote:
Paul Turbett wrote:
Are the XNA assemblies in the same directory as your script? I don't
think they are in the GAC, so unless they in the same place as the
ipy script, or a directory in your path, they won't be loaded.

L8r, Paul

Gigs_ wrote:
Hi all!

i want to run some ironpython xna script, but all the tim im getting
error. I tried this in c# and it is working, i have installed
directx runtime, xna studio 2.0 and xna framework. later i tried
with xna 3.0 and same thing
this is error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6d5c3888ef60e27d'
or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

import clr

clr.AddReference('Microsoft.Xna.Framework')
clr.AddReference('Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game')

from Microsoft.Xna.Framework import *
from Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics import *
from Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content import *

class MyGame(Game):
   def __init__(self):
       self.spriteX = self.spriteY = 0
       self.spriteSpeedX = self.spriteSpeedY = 1
       self.initializeComponent()     def initializeComponent(self):
       self.graphics = GraphicsDeviceManager(self)
       self.content = ContentManager(self.Services)

Can someon help me with this_ thanks!

signature database 3194 (20080617) __________

http://www.eset.com

thez are in the gac, and when i copy them to working dir nothing
change. i will blow, i really need ironpython for xna for testing

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.theotherdelia.co.uk/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/
http://www.ironpython.info/