Yeah I wonder about the need to replicate the functions in such a critical
namespace such as System.

Renaming the namespaces is a viable option. My application right now
actually runs on IronPyton for ASP.Net (July 2007 CTP - gasp) and gasp, it
ran on IronPython 2 Alpha and has not been updated ever since. And I need to
do DLR hosting stuff, so I have been having IronPythonX2.dll and
IronPYthonX2.dll with changes namespace so I can run both the hosting
IronPython and IronPython for ASP.Net together. It's pretty ugly but it
works for now.

Dody G.

--
nomadlife.org