From: users-boun...@lists.ironpython.com
[mailto:users-boun...@lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Carl Trachte
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 8:26 AM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] Problem with Thread.Sleep

Michael,
You are a hero.  Thanks.
Carl T.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Michael Foord <fuzzy...@voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
Carl Trachte wrote:
Hello.

I'm a bit late to the 2.0 party, but I'm trying to upgrade my environment.

This code fails:

from System.Threading import Thread
Thread.Sleep(3000)

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
 File "C:\Program Files\IronPython 2.0\Lib\warnings.py", line 61, in warn
 File "C:\Program Files\IronPython 2.0\Lib\warnings.py", line 99, in
warn_explicit
TypeError: getlines() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

I'm not a threading expert.  Basically I want the program to pause for
a few seconds.  Am I doing something wrong, or do I have something set
up wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Thread.CurrentThread.Join(3000) will have the same effect, but that is a
very odd error.

Michael

Carl T.

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/