Alex News wrote:
In the general case this isn't possible:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem

Well it's not strictly a halting problem. The question isn't whether it will *ever* terminate but just is it taking too long.

IronPython doesn't include this functionality built in but it would be *possible* (theoretically) to count loops. I don't think it is a very useful approach though - a very tight loop can execute thousands of times in a second.

Perhaps some sort of timeout logic would work for you?  I.e. kill the
script if it is still running after some predetermined amount of time.
 I do not know if IronPython has any such functionality built in, but
it should be easy enough to roll your own.

I agree - spin the code up in its own thread and kill it if it doesn't end within a preset maximum time.

Michael