Alright, time to file bug report :)
ViewState in user control fails to work.

This is how to reproduce it

1. I run the example hello-webforms example.
2. I added a user control called test.ascx
3. The content of test.ascx.py as follows:

def Page_Load(sender, e):
lblWarning.Text = "Hello World"
Response.Write("From Response")
ViewState["test"] = "xx"

4. It will produce the following error (cannot access protected member
ViewState without a python subclass of ScriptUserControl)

*Parser Error Message: *cannot access protected member ViewState without a
python subclass of ScriptUserControl

*Source Error:*

Line 2:         lblWarning.Text = "Hello World"
Line 3:         Response.Write("From Response")Line 4:
ViewState["test"] =
"xx"Line 5:

*Source File: */test.ascx.py*    Line: *4

--
nomadlife.org