A good Visual Designer for IronPython is hard to find.  I was looking for a
better GUI designer.  I was spoiled by the VB6 designer, and found the graphics
APIs in CPython to be a hassle.  I discovered IronPython and WPF and set out to
test them.  Visual Studio for IronPython is not so good.  I have so far settled
happily on NetBeans with IronPython and Visual Studio for C#.  I generate great
graphics in XAML files in Visual Studio and Kazaml (I stay Pythonic and never
write C# code), read and parse the XAML files with IronPython code, and add
support code.  I think M. Foord mentioned doing this somewhere on the Web.  I
have experimented in this work mode to design with difficulty a Python editor
with WPF's RichTextBox.  Writing a drag&drop GUI designer is hard.  I think
someone should take over development of Visual Studio for IronPython.  That's
seems a good place to start, and work it into a Silverlight IDE.

Don L Sawatzky
Spokane, WA