Hello Vicent,

Regarding IronPython in Visual Studio 2008: don't try this. Visual Studio 2008 is hopelessly broken when it comes to Python, and it will mangle your Python code. At least that's the way it was when I tried it several months ago. I've been using Eclipse with PyDev with success.

Some of the other more experienced folks can answer your questions about building packages and mixing C++ and Python code. According to the latest faq, you can't use modules such as NumPy or SciPy just yet, because they are C based and currently there is no way to link that code with the .NET based IronPython. Dino, am I correct?

--Josh