From: users-boun...@lists.ironpython.com
[mailto:users-boun...@lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of David McWright
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 7:44 PM
To: users@lists.ironpython.com
Subject: [IronPython] Error Iterating

Hello All,
   I'm working through a book and one of the exercise involves
building comboBox filled with the names of the installed
FontFamilies.  The code and error are:

>>> import clr
>>> clr.AddReference("System.Drawing")
>>> from System.Drawing.Text import InstalledFontCollection
>>> for f in InstalledFontCollection.Families:
...     print f.Name
TypeError: iteration over non-sequence of type getset_descriptor

The MSDN says that InstalledFontCollection.Families should be an Array
of FontFamily objects which I thought I could step through.  What did
I do wrong here?

TIA,
David