On 02/02/2010 21:08, Brian Curtin wrote:
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 15:00, Lukáš Duběda <loo...@duber.cz <mailto:loo...@duber.cz>> wrote:

    Hi there everybody,

    I'd really appretiate if anyone could share their experience
    with any good dotNET GUI designer. I'd love to have such
    functionality I can get out of QtDesigner, where I visually
    design my forms and buttons and what not and then just save
    that GUI into a file or generate a usable Python code
    out of it for my scripts.

    And another question, is there any good integration of IronPython
    into Visual Studio 2008? Or newer? I'm not a VS user, but since
    we can get the VS Express for free, this'd be a valuable tool
    for my IronPython programming.

    Thanks a lot in advnace, cheers,

I don't have a lot of experience with it, but Sharp Develop (http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/) supports IronPython, and may be worth a look. Others have reported success.

If you do look into Visual Studio, you can write GUI code in C# using the Visual Studio designer, then subclass it from Python code.

This is the approach I usually recommend. The only thing you miss out on is hooking up your events from the designer - but if you're doing TDD then you'll want to write your tests first anyway... :-)

Michael

You can even, with a little modification, design GUIs in C# in Visual Studio and copy/paste the C# code into a Python file and run with it. You'll need to convert things like true/false to True/False, null to None, etc...but with a little effort it works :)

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf of
your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any
and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap,
clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and
acceptable use policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without
prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you
have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your
employer.