Thanks Dino,
http://blogs.msdn.com/nickkramer/default.aspx?p=4

I found an example in the above blog, describing catching the WM_DESTROY
event; page down to the article titled:
Subclassing Window's
WndProc<http://blogs.msdn.com/nickkramer/archive/2006/03/18/554235.aspx>The
handler for our WPF 'Close' button looks like this:

    def close_button_click(self, sender, args):
        """ Click handler for close button.

        Close the app.
        """
        if confirm_message( \
            "Are you sure you want to exit %s?" % TITLE):

            if app_state.patron_menu_meal:
                try:
                    app_state.patron_menu_meal.save()
                except model.TallyException as e:
                    message_box("Can't Save Changes: %s" % e.message)
                else:
                    self.check_print_before_close(False)
                app_state.patron_menu_meal.release_lock()

            self._w.Close()

Any clues for trapping the DESTROY in IronPython and routing it to our
'close' handler much appreciated...
Thanks,
Ken