Hi Lukas,

thanks for the tip, it actually never occured to me.
I'm used to using the win32com module for communicating
with an OLE server I established in a separate application.

I'm tryint to send code in different language, native
to the app., via this OLE bridge and for that I used
to use win32com.client module and then I registered
the app and its exposed methods.

But now when I come to think of it, it might be a much
better idea doing it via .NET. However, I have
no idea where to start. :)

Thanks again, much appretiated,

Lukáš Duběda
Director
[T] +420 602 444 164

duber studio(tm)
[M] i...@duber.cz
[W] http://www.duber.cz

[A] R.A.Dvorského 601, Praha 10
[A] 10900, Czech Republic, Europe

Lukas Cenovsky wrote:
Lukáš Duběda wrote:
Hi there everyone,

I'm having problems importing a module, concretely win32com, from within
IronPython.

The problem is, when I run IronPython as a console, and add a path to
the standard Python26 library, the module can be imported without
any problems, but as soon as I try to embed IronPython and call
it from within my application and then try to import the module,
even though I'd added the path to the sys.path prior to
importing the module, it still throws an error saying:
"No module named win32api".

I don't know what to do now. I've tried to manually add
all the sub-directories of the Lib direcotry from Python26.
I tried to copy the module's files to IronPython Lib directory,
but nothing worked.

Thanks a lot in advance, cheers,

I don't know why you can't import the win32com module but I would not use it at all.

I would rather use the Win32 API directly from IronPython via clrtype and pinvoke or via C# stub. For C# stub example see my blog: http://gui-at.blogspot.com/2008/07/simulate-users-input.html

--
-- Lukáš