On 12/07/2010 19:31, Funke, Matt wrote:

Is there any chance that IronPython has dependencies on PyQt or anything like that?

Absolutely no chance at all. :-)

Michael

My copy of PyScripter (1.9.9.7) stopped working after I tried to use it to edit some scripts I was building for IronPython. Rebooting and re-installing has not fixed the problem.

I'm just trying to troubleshoot and investigate all possibilities.

-- Best Regards,

    Matt Funke

*From:* users-boun...@lists.ironpython.com [mailto:users-boun...@lists.ironpython.com] *On Behalf Of *Dino Viehland
*Sent:* Monday, July 12, 2010 2:14 PM
*To:* Discussion of IronPython
*Subject:* Re: [IronPython] compiling an executable with the standard library

socket is actually a built-in in IronPython. So you really only need threading. But threading depends upon functools, and collections, and traceback. I'm not sure how far the transitive closure goes so let's just assume you'll need to compile the entire standard library. You can actually compile this into its own DLL using pyc. So you could do:

import System

import pyc

files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(r'C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.6\Lib')

files = [f for f in files if f.endswith('.py')]

import pyc

pyc.Main(files + ['/out:stdlib.dll'])

I'm just importing pyc directly here because for whatever reason it doesn't accept wildcards.

There's a bug in 2.6.1 which prevents this from working -- it'll be fixed in 2.6.2. You could compile w/ 2.6.0 to get a working EXE or you could remove any std lib modules that fail to compile.

Now you can just do a clr.AddReference('stdlib.dll') in your script and the std lib will be available to you.