On 23/07/2010 14:49, Saeli Mathieu wrote:
Hello,

I'm sending this email to get more information about a specific using of ironPython. I'm working on a Silverlight 4 project and I'm using IronPython to execute script inside my C# code.

The main objective is to allow users to code an AI and send it into our application.
The AI will use the C# we made.
That's works fine. :)

But I want to prevent the user to create an infinite loop.
I browsed the Online documentation but I couldn't find any information about "time out execution"

Func<bool> func = scope.GetVariable<Func<bool> >("MainLoop");
this.Result = func().ToString();

this.Result will contain a string with the error of the Python Script if something wrong appended. ex: indentation or anything else.

but I want to make the method scope.GetVariable<>() time out if the script contain an infinite loop.

Does anybody know something about that ?
The only way I can think of doing it is to execute the code on a different thread and then abort the thread if it exceeds the timeout.

Michael

Sincerely
--
Saeli Mathieu.