I'm not entirely certain what would cause this...  We do need a few MEF
Imports to create the IPythonRuntimeHost but those should always be
Available (they're core VS functionality).

After uninstalling IronPython 2.7 is there anything left in
%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft

Such as IronStudio or IronPython Tools for Visual Studio?  If so can you delete
those directories and try re-installing?  It also might be good to check
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions\Microsoft but
there really shouldn't be anything there.