On 28/10/2010 19:15, Slide wrote:
I am trying to find all the classes defined in Python that inherit
from a C# class. I can iterate through the types in the ScriptScope
using GetVariableName() and then checking if it's a PythonType object,
but I don't know how to get the classes that it inherits from. Can
anyone help out with this?

In normal Python you can call Class.__subclasses__() to get a list of subclasses. I haven't tried this with .NET classes on IronPython though.

Also, on a separate note, I would like to override the normal import
mechanism to support new file extensions for modules (this is so I can
associate the files with my application). Is this possible?

You can either patch __builtins__.__import__, use the ihooks module, implement a PEP 302 import loader *or* use the IronPython Platform Application Layer to control how IronPython imports are done (this is how IronPython on Silverlight does imports from the xap file).

All the best,

Michael Foord

Thanks,

slide