I wish it was so easy. My dlls build against 3.5, there's no reference to v4
dlls in the project, and when I open the final dll with Reflector and go
through the references (and their references, and theirs...) there's still
no v4 reference. If it was compiled against .NET 4.0, it wouldn't even run
in SharePoint - and it does.

And the culprit is really somewhere among 2.7's Microsoft.Dynamic,
Microsoft.Scripting, Microsoft.Scripting.Core and IronPython - when I go
back to  2.6.1 versions, my dll can be referenced OK.

Again, according to Reflector, there is no v4 reference anywhere in the dlls
I compiled, nor in their references. There are some instances of people
solving similar problem, but none of the suggestions worked for me.

Maybe I did something wrong when building 2.7 for v2. Could maybe someone
post binaries of 2.7 for v2 please?

Well, I'll just continue using 2.6.1 for the time being.