On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Jimmy Schementi <jscheme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tomas means you can write this:
>
>> public static string ExpectsString(string val) {
>>        return val;
>> }
>

> And call it from Ruby with a Ruby string:
>
> expects_string "Foo"

Yes, indeed, that works fine. Thanks! So, the DLR languages all behave
properly with all types, even with nullable and default values ---if
you name your classes correctly. Another point I discovered was that I
had to name my outer class with upper case letters, or else IronRuby
couldn't access it.

Any other gotchas or time savers for non-DLR languages? (I wish the
DLR group could help the F# group... they don't even have an eval,
except for running the entire fsi.exe in a subprocess... wouldn't that
be nice if they used a DLR environment...)

-Doug