Hello,

On 11/6/09 9:54 PM, Robert McGilvray wrote:

That's exactly what it does.  Obviously, it is relevant only to
certain distribution strategies/algorithms.
I misstated that a bit. I'm interested in more of a weighting system
similar to that in SRV records. I'd still like to balance the load
across the lesser gateways just have a higher ratio go to gateway X.

I'm using callid hashing and the priority field seems to be ignored. It
does change the ordering in which the gateways are listed so I guess it
works with first destination but that would only give failover. Is there
a algorithm + priority combination that will do what I want?

as Alex said, priority helps with algorithm 8 (selection of first entry) -- because with database is hard to predict the order of returned records of a select, priority ensures that the destination with highest priority is the first in dispatcher group list.

If you want to send 1/3 traffic to A and 2/3 traffic to B, you can add the address of B two times in destination set.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla