Hello,

On 12/3/09 5:34 PM, Robert R wrote:
Hi,

I simply trying to modify URI and FROM headers as follow. tcpdump packet capture shows the values are changed for both URI and FROM headers. However, the syslog only shows the new value for URI and not for FROM header.

How can I verify new value in FROM header in the log file?

# main request routing logic
route
{
      $rU = avp(i:1);
      $rd = avp(i:2);
      uac_replace_from("$avp(i:3)");

      xlog ("fu after perl: $fu");
      xlog ("ru after perl: $ru");
}

changes to sip message headers and body are not visible in the config file -- they are kept as a diff list to the original message. Before sending to wire, the new content is built.

In upcoming kamailio 3.0.0 there is a new function msg_apply_changes() that can be used to make the changes immediately visible in the config.
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/modules_k/textops.html#id2513325

Cheers,
Daniel

--