Hi All

I am a total novice to the MPI world, so please forgive me if any of my
questions/comments sound stupid.

First, a few *possible* bugfixes:

When I downloaded openMPI and tried to compile it for our MIPS64 platform,
it broke at 3 places.

1. The configure script in the root directory did not have a case for
MIPS64. That is fixed in the attached patch.configure patch file.
2. The Makefile.am in opal/asm/ directory is incorrect. It creates a
platform-dependent file called atomic-asm.s that has #include's in it.
According to gcc manual, .s assembly files are NOT preprocessed and hence
none of the macros in the atomic-asm.s file were expanded.
Note that it works fine for IA32 platforms because that version of
atomic-asm.s file does not have macros in it. The patch.Makefile.am fixes
this. Note that you need to rerun automake after patching this file.
3. I don't remember the third place it broke right now. I can give out a
third patch later.

Now the question is: Is there a benchmark program I can run for the openMPI
suite of library? I tried NetPipe from Ameslab.gov. It seems to run, but it
terminates without producing any output, either to the console or to any
file. I tried specifying the output file explicitly with the -o option, but
to no avail.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Durga

N.B. I noticed from the mailing list archive that there are other people in
this mailing list who are interested in the MIPS64 architecture. I would
especially love hearing from them in off-line conversations.
--
Devil wanted omnipresence;
He therefore created communists.