I thought that George answered your mail already...?

  http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2006/11/2102.php

On Nov 3, 2006, at 5:29 AM, calin pal wrote:

/*****please read the mail and ans my query*****/
sir,
in four machine of our college i have installed in this way..that i m sending u....
i start four machine from root...
then i installed the openmpi1.1.1 -tar.gz using the commands.....
>>tar -xvzf openmpi-1.1.1
>>cd openmpi-1.1.1
>>./configure --prefix=/usr/local
>>make
>>make all install
>>ompi_info
that i did in root

then according to u r suggestion i went to user(where i did my program jacobi.c)
gave the password
then i wrote
>>cd .bashrc
>>export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>source .bashrc
>>mpicc mpihello.c -o mpihello
>>mpirun -np 4 mpihello

after did all this thing i m getting the problem libmpi:so file ......"mpihello" is not working

what i supposed to do???????

should i have to install again???

anything wrong in the installation ???? sir i cant undersatnd from the FAQ whatever u have suggested to see me....thats why i m asking again sir please tell me whatever i have done in our computer is this okay or anything i have to change in the code what i have written in the above code please check it out sir ........and tell me whats wrong in my code ........please sir.....please sir read the command also which i have used for installation in root and user for running the openmpi-1.1.1.tar.gz .......please see it.

calin pal
 msctech(maths and compsc)
pune ,india