FWIW, this has been committed on the 1.1 branch. So if we ever do a 1.1.5 release, it will be included.

On Feb 6, 2007, at 10:46 AM, George Bosilca wrote:

A correction has been made to the MPI_Type_create_subarray. The
particular test that was failing for you has been replaced with a
better one. You can grab it either from the nightly build or in few
days from the next (1.2) release.

   Thanks,
     george.