On Mar 15, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Michael wrote:

I'm having trouble with the portability of executables compiled with
OpenMPI.  I suspect the sysadms on the HPC system I'm using changed
something because I think it worked previously.

Apparently there was a misconfiguration, i.e. missing libraries and links on some nodes.

I would like to hear just how portable an executable compiled against OpenMPI shared libraries should be.

I'm compiling on a Debian Linux system with dual 1.3 GHz AMD Opterons per node and an internal network of dual gigabit ethernet.

I'm planning on a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 system with dual 3.6 GHz Intel Xeon EM64T per node and an internal network using Myrinet.

I believe I actually had this working previously and now there are a mix of libraries missing from some nodes.

Michael