Excellent -- thanks!

I used your work as a starting point and tweaked it a bit further:

- Parse the pbs-config LDFLAGS into LIBS and LDFLAGS
- Look for pbs-config in both the default $PATH and the tree where -- with-tm was specified - Remove OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE from the pbs-config-was-found code path; it was just making things confusing in an attempt to re-use code. Instead, I just used AC_CHECK_HEADER and AC_CHECK_FUNC directly to look for tm.h and the tm library.
- Used AS_IF instead of actual "if"
- Fixed a long-standing subtle bug that if --without-tm was specified, we would test for tm support anyway

I've committed this on the development trunk; I don't know what our plans will be for incorporating this into the v1.2 series yet. See https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/14372.