On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 14:14 -0500, Anthony Chan wrote:
> What test you are refering to ?
>
> config.log contains the test results of the features that configure is
> looking for.  Failure of some thread test does not mean OpenMPI can't
> support threads.  In fact, I was able to run a simple/correct
> MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE program uses pthread with openmpi-1.2.3 and the
> program finishes normally on this multicore Ubuntu box.

Yes but what i was referring to is the test the checks for NPTL vs Linux
threads. That test is/was broken and i don't remember off hand if they
by accident (using gcc) got it right or not on a NPTL system.
I now for certain that using non GCC compilers the test fails horribly
and gets it completely wrong. (Unless they have fixed it since i tried
on 1.0 and early 1.1 and 1.2)
I did send a patch but i have yet to see it being included.

Internet: a...@hpc2n.umu.se   Phone: +46 90 7866134 Fax: +46 90 7866126