On Sep 14, 2007, at 2:51 PM, Robert Latham wrote:

Ok.  Maybe we'll just make a hard-coded string somewhere "ROMIO from
MPICH2 vABC, on AA/BB/CCCC" or somesuch.  That'll at least give some
indication of what version you've got.

That sort-of reminds me:  ROMIO (well, all of MPICH2) is going to move
to SVN "one of these days".  Once we've done that, you'll be able to
sync up with both MPICH2 releases and our development branch.  I think
it wouldn't be a problem for us to tag ROMIO whenever you sync up with
it.

Coolio. Would you be ameniable to a few patches? I think we can remove all the file renaming stuff, but there are some other things that we did to make ROMIO integrate nicely into Open MPI (the biggest issue was configure and the build system, but I know that Brian has "some ideas" about that - I don't know what they are, though).

Moving ROMIO to public SVN wont' solve many of the integration and logistics issues, but it would allow us to snarf patches directly from your SVN, which might make our continual-over-time integration a little easier. In a perfect world, it would be great to svn:external our romio directory to a particular tag/release in your SVN, but I think that's probably too much to hope for.

I can't remember all the particulars offhand; we'd probably want to have a sit-down discussion with you, Brian, and me to figure this stuff out if you're interested.

Cisco Systems