Hello all,

I am a newbie at much of mpi application and try to provide support for
various users in the hpc community.
I have run into something that I don't quite understand. I have some
code that is meant to open a file for reading, but at compile time I get
"Could not resolve generic procedure mpi_file_set_view"

I am using openmpi 1.2-1 compiled with Torque and the PGI compilers.

The oddity is that when I change the line from:
        call MPI_FILE_SET_VIEW(fh, 0, MPI_REAL4, MPI_REAL4, 'native',
MPI_INFO_NULL, ierr)
To:
        call MPI_FILE_SET_VIEW(fh, empty, MPI_REAL4, MPI_REAL4,
'native', MPI_INFO_NULL, ierr)

It compiles fine. I don't understand why I get an error when passing a
literal integer rather than using a variable for a placeholder for the
displacement argument.

Any feedback or information to help me learn is appreciated.

Brian Andrus perotsystems
Site Manager | Sr. Computer Scientist
Naval Research Lab
7 Grace Hopper Ave, Monterey, CA  93943
Phone (831) 656-4839 | Fax (831) 656-4866