Hi Teng,

Teng Lin wrote:
Hi,

We would like to distribute OpenMPI along with our software to customers, is there any legal issue we need to know about?
Not that I know of (disclaimer: IANAL). Open MPI is licensed under the new BSD license. Open MPI's license is here:
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/license.php

We can successfully build OpenMPI using
./configure --prefix=/some_path;make;make install

However, if we do

cp -r /some_path /other_path

and try to run
/other_path/bin/orterun,
below error message is thrown:
------------------------------------------------------------------------ --
Sorry!  You were supposed to get help about:
     orterun:usage
from the file:
     help-orterun.txt
But I couldn't find any file matching that name.  Sorry!

Apparently, the path is hard-coded in the executable. Is there any way to fix it (such as using an environment variable etc)?
There is. See:
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building#installdirs

Hope this helps,

Tim