Well, that's odd.

What happens if you try to mpirun "hostname" (i.e., a non-MPI application)? Does it run, or does it hang?

On Nov 23, 2007, at 6:00 AM, Madireddy Samuel Vijaykumar wrote:

I have been using using clusters for some tests. My localhost "lynx"
and i have "puma" and "tiger" which make up the cluster. All have
passwordless ssh enabled. Now if i have the following in my
hostfile(perline in the same order)

lynx
puma
tiger

My tests(from lynx) run over the cluster without any issues.

But if move/remove the lynx from there either (perline in the same order)

puma
lynx
tiger

or

puma
tiger

My test(from lynx) just does not get any where. It just hangs. And
does not proceed at all. Is this an issue with way my script handles
the cluster node. Or is there an method for the hostfile. Thanks.

--
Sam aka Vijju
:)~