Hi everyone,

I have installed openmpi-1.2.3. My system has two ethernet ports. Thus, I am
trying to make use of both ports to speed up the communication process by using
openmp to split into two threads. However, this implementation always cause
error. Then I realized that I need to build openmpi using --enable-mpi-threads
and use MPI_Init_thread to initialize. But, the initialization always return
MPI_THREAD_SINGLE no matter what value I set. Using ompi_info|grep Thread, it
shows that thread support has already been activated. Thus, I seek your help to
teach me what other configurations I need to set in order to use multi-threads
and what are the parameters to include in mpirun in order to use the two
ethernet ports.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Tee

    Many of us spend our time wishing for things we could have if we didn't
spend half our time wishing.