On Mar 25, 2008, at 8:34 AM, powernetfr...@surfeu.de wrote:
Hello,
thanks for your help.
So Open MPI is OS dependent and actually it dont support Windows
plattforms.

I would want to know if (Open) MPI sipports data decomposition and\ or
task level parallelism.
I think that MPI supports task level parallelism.
But i also think that OpenMPI dont support data decomposition (like
here described: http://www.netlib.org/pvm3/book/node32.html ) "out-of-
the-box".

"Out-of-the-box" ? Open MPI support everything in the MPI standard, which include several functions for data decomposition. However, these functions have to be explicitly called by the application, MPI (read all MPI libraries) is unable to do any magic otherwise.

  george.

Thanks.

King regards,

peter

----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----
Von: jsquy...@cisco.com
Datum: 25.03.2008 13:08
An: "powernetfr...@surfeu.de"<powernetfr...@surfeu.de>, "Open MPI
Users"<us...@open-mpi.org>
Betreff: Re: [OMPI users] 2 questions about Open MPI

On Mar 25, 2008, at 5:09 AM, powernetfr...@surfeu.de wrote:
Hello,

i need some information for my thesis and i am not sure if it's
right
what i found in the internet before.
therefore i want to ask you if the following two sentences are
right:
  - Open MPI is OS independent and it runs on windows as well as
on
linux

The Windows port seems to be perpetual; it's in progress, but the v1.
2
series does not support Windows.

  - Open MPI dont has data decomposition support itself. I just
can
add some functions to get some kind of data decomposition support

I'm not sure what you're asking; Open MPI supports all the MPI
datatype functionality.

Cisco Systems

Jetzt neu: Der Routenplaner von Tiscali
http://www.tiscali.de/trav/routenplaner.html