On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 09:08 -0700, yacob sen wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have just installed openmpi/mpich in ubuntu 7.10 in my linux machine
> which has  a dual processor.

That's a little bit like saying you've installed Ubuntu/Red Hat on your
machine.

OpenMPI and MPICH are different versions of the same thing.  You don't
need to/probably shouldn't install both.  Having to copy mpif.h locally
sounds like MPICH.  You certainly don't want to do this with OpenMPI.
You need to work out exactly which mpif90 you're invoking.  If it's
OpenMPI, then continue here, the OpenMPI mailing list.  If it's MPICH,
try the MPICH mailing lists.  Either way, what's happening will
certainly be clearer if you uninstall one of OpenMPI/MPICH.